HEARTWEST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
Heartwest facilities at Essendon, Hoppers Crossing, Williamstown and St Albans are open as usual
Based on the evolving recommendations published by Victorian and federal authorities we have made the following modifications to our procedures to reduce the risk of infection whilst continuing to provide care for our patients:
- We require masks (or other appropriate face covering as per Victorian Government regulation) to be worn by all patients having appointments at Heartwest clinics.
- Staff will inform patients of this requirement at booking time and during the confirmation process.
- Surgical single use facemasks can be purchased at the front desk for $2.00
- When you arrive please check in at the front desk and follow staff instructions.
- Waiting rooms have reduced seating capacity to maximise personal space. Please do not arrive to your appointments too early, and only bring essential people with you. All additional patients and attendants will be asked to wait in their cars until they are called to come in for their appointment.
- Please do not enter our clinics if you have respiratory symptoms, fever, if you have recent contact with sick people, if you are meant to be self isolating or if you are awaiting a COVID swab result – you will be putting our staff and other patients at unnecessary risk and you will be asked to leave.
Similar to other health care providers, we are experiencing some problems with our services due to COVID related absences. Some appointment times and / or locations may need to be changed, and our staff will advise you accordingly. Please be respectful of our staff who are doing their best under these difficult circumstances.
The Heartbeat of the West
HeartWest is the largest cardiology group in the western and northwestern corridors of Melbourne. HeartWest has maintained a focus on an affordable, accessible and high quality service to the satisfaction of GPs, Physicians and patients alike. Our tremendous growth over time is a proof of our commitment and dedication to always serve better. HeartWest has now grown to 4 major locations and 3 satellite sites.
At HeartWest you will experience the best cardiology care. From your first interaction with our staff, to going through tests, procedures and consultations you can be assured that a caring, courteous and professional approach is taken.
HeartWest cardiologists have expertise in all fields of adult cardiology – general cardiology, heart failure, Cardiac imaging including Stress Echocardiography, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology & pacing, and cardiothoracic surgery.
To provide accessible, affordable, efficient and high quality cardiology services with expertise, care and empathy from a dedicated team of doctors, technical and administrative staff.
- We provide rapid specialist assessment & diagnostic services
- We have multiple consulting sessions in multiple locations
- We endeavor to see all new referred patients within 24 hours in one of our clinics and initiate appropriate tests & treatments.