HEARTWEST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
Heartwest facilities at Essendon, Hoppers Crossing, Williamstown and St Albans are open as usual
Based on the evolving recommendations published by Victorian and federal authorities we have made the following modifications to our procedures to reduce the risk of infection whilst continuing to provide care for our patients:
- We are providing bulk billed telephone consultations to all patients who are eligible for the new Medicare telephone consultation items
- Patients will be informed about whether they will have a telephone or physical consultation when they book new appointments for consultations and when their appointments are confirmed.
- When you arrive please check in at the front desk and follow staff instructions.
- Waiting rooms have reduced seating capacity to maximise personal space. Please do not arrive to your appointments too early, and only bring essential people with you. All additional patients and attendants will be asked to wait in their cars until they are called to come in for their appointment.
- We do not offer screening or treatment for COVID19 or any other respiratory infections. Staff will ask you about respiratory symptoms and fever when they confirm appointments and when you come in. We will also check your temperature on entry.
- Please do not enter our clinics if you have respiratory symptoms or a fever – you will be putting our staff and other patients at unnecessary risk and you will be asked to leave.
OUR HOPPERS CROSSING SITE HAS MOVED !!!
The Heartbeat of the West
HeartWest is the largest cardiology group in the western and northwestern corridors of Melbourne. HeartWest has maintained a focus on an affordable, accessible and high quality service to the satisfaction of GPs, Physicians and patients alike. Our tremendous growth over time is a proof of our commitment and dedication to always serve better. HeartWest has now grown to 4 major locations and 3 satellite sites.
At HeartWest you will experience the best cardiology care. From your first interaction with our staff, to going through tests, procedures and consultations you can be assured that a caring, courteous and professional approach is taken.
HeartWest cardiologists have expertise in all fields of adult cardiology – general cardiology, heart failure, Cardiac imaging including Stress Echocardiography, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology & pacing, and cardiothoracic surgery.
To provide accessible, affordable, efficient and high quality cardiology services with expertise, care and empathy from a dedicated team of doctors, technical and administrative staff.
- We provide rapid specialist assessment & diagnostic services
- We have multiple consulting sessions in multiple locations
- We endeavor to see all new referred patients within 24 hours in one of our clinics and initiate appropriate tests & treatments.